- Students being promoted to first grade will leave their devices at school over the summer. The devices will be moved to the correct room for the 2018-19 school year.
- Students being promoted to 2nd grade will take their Chromebooks home with them at the end of the school year, along with their bag.
- Students promoted to grades 3-12 for the 2018-19 school year will take their Chromebooks home for the summer.
- New Chromebooks will be handed out during the first week of 2018-19 school year as applicable.
- Students in Kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th will be getting new Chromebooks for the 2018-19 school year.
- In most cases, the Chromebook will be handed out to the student on the first day of school.
- Students should bring their bag back at the start of the school year.
- We will continue to limit the logins to central301.net accounts.
Students Not Returning
- Students that were issued a new Chromebooks for the 2017-18 school year that are not returning, who have paid their Technology Fee for the 2017-18 year, and do not owe any other fees, will need to pay an additional $50 fee to own the Chromebook.
- Families who choose to purchase/keep their Chromebook may email email@example.com to have their Chromebook unlocked. Once unlocked, any Google account can be used with the device, all management of the device will cease, and we will remove the Securly Web Filtering restrictions.
- Students who have not paid all Chromebook fees and don’t turn the Chromebook in will have the charges applied to their account.
- If the returning student’s family has paid the Chromebook fee for each of the two years and are keeping the Chromebook, we will unlock their Chromebook at the end of the first week of school.
- Once unlocked, any Google account can be used with the device, all management of the device will cease, and we will remove the Securly Web Filtering.
- If you want or need the filtering turned off and the Chromebook to be unlocked, parents may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will continue filtering the device until the first week of the 2018-19 school year is completed.
- Unwanted Chromebooks
- Any student or family may turn in their old Chromebook(s) when they receive their new Chromebook. The district will provide a receipt stating that the Chromebook was received by the district and the district will dispose, recycle, or transfer ownership as it sees fit.
- Summer Chrome Depot – Please email email@example.com to schedule repairs or talk to technicians. We will not be doing repairs for Chromebooks no longer owned by the district.