Students Returning in the Fall of 2019
- For 2019-20 only – Students entering Kindergarten, 3rd grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 9th grade and 11th grade will receive new devices.
- Starting in the 2020-21 school year, new devices will be provided as students enter Kindergarten, 3rd grade, 6th grade, 9th grade and 11th grade.
- We anticipate this will be our annual rotation cycle moving forward.
- Students being promoted to 1st grade will leave their devices at school over the summer. The devices will be moved to the correct room for the upcoming school year.
- Students being promoted to 2nd grade will take their Chromebooks home with them at the end of the school year, along with their chromebook bag.
- Students being promoted to grades 3-12 for the school year will take their Chromebooks home for the summer.
- New Chromebooks will be distributed during the first week of school. The technology department will work with buildings on this process.
- In most cases, the Chromebook will be handed out to the student on the first day of school.
- Students should bring their Chromebook bag back at the start of the school year.
- We will continue to limit the logins to central301.net accounts.
Students Not Returning in 2019-2020
- Students and families have the option to purchase the Chromebook and take it with them if they leave Central 301 before their device is due to be replaced.
- The devices cost $300. The $50 tech fee paid by the family each of the three years accounts for 50% of the cost of the Chromebooks.
- If the family is up to date on all district fees, they will still need to pay $100 per year the Chromebook is expected to be used in Central 301.
- Example: A kindergartener who is in their first year with the student device that is expected to be used for 2 more years (1st and 2nd grade), would need to pay $200 to take the device with them ($100 for each of the last two years).
- Example: High School Graduating Senior that is up to date on their fees may take the device with them when they graduate. Students that have their registration fees waived are still required to pay their $100 tech device fees if they want to keep the Chromebook.
- Please refer to the first 2 bullet points under “Returning Students” to determine if/when the device in question is due for replacement.
- Families who choose to purchase/keep their Chromebook may email email@example.com to have their Chromebook unlocked. Once unlocked, any Google account can be used with the device, all management of the device will cease, and we will remove the Securly Web Filtering restrictions.
- Students who have not paid all Chromebook fees and don’t turn the Chromebook in will have the charges applied to their account.
- If the returning student’s family has paid the Chromebook fee for each year, are due to receive a new device and are keeping the old Chromebook, we will unlock their old Chromebook at the end of the first week of school.
- Once unlocked, any Google account can be used with the device, all management of the device will cease, and we will remove the Securly Web Filtering.
- If parents want or need the filtering turned off and the Chromebook to be unlocked, they may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will continue filtering the device until the first week of the 2019-20 school year is completed.
- Unwanted Chromebooks
- Any student or family may turn in their old Chromebook(s) when they receive their new Chromebook. The district will dispose, recycle, or transfer ownership as it sees fit.
- Summer Chrome Depot – Please email email@example.com to schedule repairs or talk to technicians. We will not do repairs for Chromebooks no longer owned by the district.