Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
The National School Lunch Program will not be offering free lunches to all students this coming school year.
During the 2021-2022 School Year, all Central 301 students, regardless of income, were offered free lunches. The Federal Government has not extended the Free Lunch provision for the 2022-2023 School Year. As a result, Central CUSD 301 will be returning to free and reduced-price lunches based on income eligibility guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Starting July 1, 2022, parents/guardians may complete a Household Eligibility Application in MySchoolApps.com. Complete all questions and submit your information.
As in the past few years, Central 301’s Food Service Department is cashless. Cashiers will not accept cash, checks or credit cards. Students must have money in their MySchoolBucks.com lunch account to pay for lunches, milk and a’ la carte snacks. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to check the lunch account balance of their student(s) for a current balance. If your student has a negative balance, please bring the balance to a positive amount to be ready for school on August 15th. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to keep their student’s lunch account paid up to date. The amount of money – positive or negative—left in your student’s lunch account at the end of the school year is carried over to the new school year.
MySchoolBucks charges a convenience fee of $2.75 per transaction for use of a credit card and a convenience fee of $2.49 per transaction for using a checking account number. To compensate for this fee, one (1) FREE Value Meal is added to your student’s lunch account for deposits of $40 or more. Deposits must result in a positive balance of $40 or more to receive a bonus meal.
LUNCH PRICES FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
- Elementary Schools – $3.00
- Middle Schools – $3.10
- High School – $3.20
- Reduced Price Lunch (all schools) – $0.40
- Milk (all schools) – $0.40
- Adult/Teacher Lunch – $3.75
All Central 301 Schools offer a USDA Reimbursable Value Meal of the Day. This meal consists of 5 meal components:
- Milk Choices – ½ pint
- White Milk – Low Fat or Fat Free
- Chocolate – Fat Free
- Soy Milk or Water – Available only with an approved Physician’s Statement (See form under Lunch Information tab)
- Vegetables Choices: Every week a variety of fresh, frozen or canned vegetables are offered from five (5) groups; dark green/leafy, red/orange, beans/lentils, starchy and other vegetables.
- Fruits: A variety of fresh, frozen and canned fruits in their own juice are offered each week; as well as 100% Vegetable/Fruit Juices
- Grains & Breads: All servings of grains, pastas & bread items are made from at least 51% whole grains.
- Meat/Meat Alternate (Protein Items): Each week a variety of protein items are offered (beef, chicken, turkey) and non-meat items such as cheese, refried beans, black beans, hummus.
JOIN OUR FOOD SERVICE TEAM
Central 301’s Food Service Department is looking for cooks and cook substitutes. We have part-time permanent and substitute positions available. All open positions are available for the start of the 2022-2023 school year and range from 4 to 6.5 hours per day.
If you are looking for a position in your community that gives you the opportunity to work while your child(ren) is at school, this might be the perfect job for you. Food Service Employees work according to their child(ren)’s school calendar. Food Service Employees are off on school calendar holidays, Winter & Spring breaks and during the summer.
If you have any questions, please contact the Food Service Department @ 847-464-6043 ext. 8110 or email: email@example.com