Welcome to the Food Service Department
Welcome to CCUSD 301 Food Service!
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year. The Food Service Staff in each school is looking forward to offering your children nutritious lunches.
Each day we encourage students to BUILD A HEALTHY LUNCH! Your child’s lunch tray is made up of healthy food items.
- Milk Choices
- White Milk – Low Fat or Fat Free
- Chocolate Milk – Fat Free
- Soy Milk is available with a doctor’s note
- Vegetable: every week a variety of fresh, frozen and canned vegetables which are low sodium are offered from the dark green/leafy group, red/orange group, beans/lentil group, starchy group and other vegetables.
- Fruits: a variety of fresh, frozen and canned fruits in their own juice are offered each week as well as 100% vegetable/fruit juices.
- Grains & Breads: All servings of grains, pastas or bread items must be made from at least 51% whole grains.
- Meat/Meat Alternate: Each week we offer a variety of Meat and Non-Meat lunch items.
To BUILD A HEALTHY LUNCH and for the BEST NUTRITION, students are encouraged to enjoy a lunch made up from all menu item food groups: milk, vegetable, fruit, grains/breads and meat/meat alternate.
Be sure to review the monthly menu with your child(ren). Go over the school menu together, each day or each week. He/she could circle his favorite items so he/she will know when they will be served at school.
If you’re excited about the menu, your child(ren) are likely to share your excitement.
If you have any questions, please contact the Food Service Department @ 847-464-6043 or e-mail Pam Mirenda, Director of Food Service at firstname.lastname@example.org