Welcome to Student Services
- Phone: 847-464-5863
- Fax: 847-464-6049
- Mike Potsic: Director of Student Support Services
- Cheryl Berg: Administrative Assistant
- Jessica Moran: Administrative Assistant
Leading Students to Success …
The Student Support Services Departmental office is located at the district office located in Burlington. Each school has its own Student Support Services team. This team functions in many capacities. The primary responsibilities of the team are to assist in intervention planning within general education and to provide direct or indirect services to students identified with special education needs.
District 301 Special Education Programs offer a continuum of services consistent with the requirements set forth by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). District 301 makes every effort to educate students in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE).
New to the District? Welcome!
- Register your child at your home school.
- Notify the registrar that your child has an active IEP.
- Provide a copy of your child’s IEP to the home school and/or the Student Support Services office.
Response to Intervention
The ISBE link above is a direct connection to the special education page of ISBE. Parent and educator resources and information are provided.