Canvas is in the middle of updating their mobile app. New parent (observer) accounts can not be created at this time. Please review their post for more information. As soon as we have some options for new Parent accounts we’ll update the process here.
****End of Update****
Starting with the 2017-2018 school year, parents will observe and monitor their student’s Canvas account by utilizing the Canvas Parent App. This app is free for Android and iOS users. Parents will no longer be able to login to Canvas via the website link.
Installation Instructions for Parents, Students, and Staff:
If a parent already has an active observer account for Canvas, this account login information will still work in the app and there is no need to sign up for a new account.
Please follow the steps below to set up the Canvas app for your mobile device:
- Go to the app store for your device (iTunes App store for Parent, Student, Teacher or Google Play Parent , Student, Teacher)
- Once the app is downloaded, open the app and look for “Region Picker”
- Click on “Region Picker” and select US (United States)
- If you already have an account, simply enter your email address and password at the top of the screen.
- If you haven’t setup a Canvas account previously please click “Create Account”.
- Enter information for your new account
- Click on “Add Student”
- You will need to find our school district. It IS NOT in the list of schools so you will need to enter the following in the text box: central301.instructure.com
- Next, enter your child’s school email address and password (see example below)
Your child’s email address consists of his/her student ID number and a tag of “@central301.net” (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Keep in mind that your child’s password follows the following format:
Upper case last initial
Lower case first initial
Complete 6-digit locker combo (Example: 031899)
Canvas Video Guides
Help guides for Apple devices: http://bit.ly/APPLEdevice
Help guides for Android devices: http://bit.ly/ANDROIDHELP