Central School District Dress Code:
- Students are expected to be appropriately dressed for school and wear clothing that will not disrupt the educational process, constitute a health or safety hazard or violate civil law.
- Coats, gloves, hats, caps, bandannas, handkerchiefs, and other head coverings, as well as dark glasses, should not be worn during school hours and should be left in the student’s locker or backpack.
- Clothing imprinted with profanity, obscenity, and/or the display of words, pictures, or symbols associated with alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, weapons, or violence are prohibited.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- The entire middle of the body must be covered; sides as well as front and back, and underwear must not be visible at any time. Any combination of tank tops with any width of strap may be worn but must still cover the sides, front, and back of the body as well as undergarments in accordance with the principles of good taste. Shorts and skirts may be worn but the bottom edge must be below the fingertips when standing.
- Chains are not to be brought to school. This includes chains on wallets, choker chains, etc.
Any student not in accordance with the above-mentioned dress expectations may be subject to disciplinary consequences, including changing into appropriate clothes or making immediate arrangements for appropriate clothing before returning to class. If appropriate clothing is not available, the high school will lend the student a uniform from the physical education department.
- Students may carry a bag or purse as long as it does not disrupt the learning environment or pose a safety threat.
- PE uniforms may NOT be altered in any way (for example, cut-off sleeves or shortening of shorts).